A lot of great things are happening to get our school ready to open!! Last week our container of school furniture arrived and was unloaded thanks to the many parent & keiki volunteers that came out to help us. MAHALO for your support!
This week our office is officially open. Everyone is welcome to bring their documents in and take a look at the school, which is still being set up by school staff and volunteers. The office is now open Monday-Friday from 7:30-3:30pm.
As the beginning of the school year approaches there are many questions coming in from parents. Thank you for your patience as we address your questions and concerns. Here are some of our most frequently asked questions:
1) When does school begin?
School begins Tuesday, August 28th
2) What are the school hours of operation?
Monday – Thursday 8:15-2:25 pm
Friday 8:15-1:40 pm
3) Is there before or after school care?
The simple answer – We’re working on it!! Ideally we intend to offer both options. A survey will be coming soon to find out how many people are needing this service.
4) When and where do I bring my child’s registration documents?
You may bring your documents in to our office any time that it’s open, Mon-Fri 7:30-3:30pm, before the start of school August 28th. *This includes: Birth certificate, proof of residency, TB screening, medical record, and the $50 learner support fee.
5) Will there be a uniform or a t-shirt? When will we get these?
No, there is no uniform. Yes, we will have t-shirts for all our learners by the beginning of school, which are optional. The cost for these is included in the learner support fee.
6) Is there a school lunch program?
No, there is no school lunch program being offered this year.
7) What do I do if I can’t access my SchoolMint account, forgot my password, or am not receiving emails from the school?
Call Office Manager Claire at 635-5110 for any of these issues. It is easy to reset account passwords if this is the problem. If you are not receiving emails sent through SchoolMint there are two things you can do:
1) Log into your SchoolMint account. Go to “Parent/Guardian Info” and click the grey pencil button to edit. Under “Contact Preference” be sure to select the option to receive both Emails and Texts. You MUST opt to receive emails, not only texts, as all our school communications will be via the SchoolMint server.
2) The other thing you can do to be sure you receive our emails is to search your “Junk Mail” inbox for SchoolMint. Make sure to mark those emails as “Not Junk”.
8) Is there a school supplies list?
Yes, school supply lists were attached in an email sent out. They are also posted HERE.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to call Office Manager Claire at 635-5110