Alakai’i O Kaua’i and iLEAD Schools are pleased to have Dr. Thom Markham, founder of PBL Global, visit our school this week to work with our staff on developing rigorous project-based learning (PBL) in every grade level.
Also, there are two opportunities to hear Dr. Markham’s presentation on Project-Based Learning this Tuesday, February 5th (see times below).
He will hold a “PBL Parent University” for families interested to learn more about project-based learning at our school in the morning, and provide an evening-time option for families and community at Chiefess Middle School.
We hope you can join us during one of these opportunities to learn about the “why” behind Project-Based Learning from one of the key leaders responsible for growing effectiveness of PBL as the pathway to deeper authentic learning. For more information, please contact Linda Krystek at email@example.com.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Preparing young people to be ready for the world of 2020 and beyond
- Developing skills as collaborators, problem solvers, design thinkers, and self-starters
- Fostering curiosity, empathy, and resilience as core attitudes helping young people to flourish in learning and life
Presentations on PBL Tuesday, Feb. 5th:
- 8:30-10 a.m. at the Alaka’i O Kaua’i Library
- 5:30-7 p.m. at Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School multi-purpose room