Website Alaka'i O Kaua'i
REPORTS TO: School Director
Reporting to the School Director, the Facilitator will plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages learners to develop and fulfill their academic potential through Project-based Learning. Most schools have a set curriculum that must be followed, however at Alakai O Kauai Charter School (AOK) the Facilitator will have the unique
opportunity to both create and tailor curriculum to the needs of the learners.
Facilitator’s regular hours are Monday through Friday during regular school hours and on additional days and times as needed to participate in AOK functions and career learning opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Teach all subjects and other appropriate learning activities according to curriculum requirements, the AOK charter and policies developed by the Governing Board.
▪ Effectively use a broad range of instructional strategies, including providing a constructivist curriculum, challenging goals and effective feedback, differentiated instruction and backward mapping, among others.
▪ Incorporate a focus in enriching the curriculum by implementing a plan of Project-based Learning.
▪ Provide planned learning experiences in order to motivate learners and best utilize instruction time.
▪ Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each learner.
▪ Establish and maintain outstanding classroom management skills needed to achieve a functional and supportive learning atmosphere.
▪ Evaluate learners’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, prepare reports of progress, and develop an individual learning plan (ILP) for each learner in collaboration with the learner and family member.
▪ Identify learners’ needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping learners solve health, social emotional and learning problems.
▪ Create a functional and attractive environment for learning through displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
▪ Maintain professional competence through participation in professional learning activities provided by the school and self-selected professional growth activities.
▪ Perform basic attendance accounting and business records as required.
▪ Effectively use advanced technology as a learning tool; able to integrate technology into teaching.
▪ Provide standards-based instruction; align curriculum and standards and adopt grading practices that can be used in standards-based and performance-based grading.
▪ Utilize appropriate assessment strategies and use the data collected to drive classroom instruction and ensure continuous improvement of learning.
▪ Provide ongoing support and actively collaborate with all AOK leaders and employees to ensure that the mission, vision, values and philosophy of Alakai O Kauai Schools is clearly understood and carried out.
▪ Represent AOK in a positive and professional manner in all of interactions and communications.
▪ Be involved with the Community Outreach efforts of the School/Site/Studio.
▪ Be Customer service centered.
▪ Follow and actively participate in development of all AOK’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
▪ Maintain professional competence through participation in professional learning activities provided by AOK and self-selected professional growth activities.
▪ Select curriculum support materials, instructional aids and supplies.
▪ Ensure a comfortable, engaging and learner created room environment.
▪ Supervise learners in out-of-classroom/workshop activities during regular school day.
▪ Administer group standardized tests in accordance with state and site/studio testing program.
▪ Exhibit a desire and ability to engage in continuing education, professional learning and skill upgrading.
▪ Sponsor learner activities and participate in site/studio committees.
▪ Exhibit a willingness to work as a vital part of the AOK team to ensure continuous improvement for learners, staff and the AOK community as a whole.
▪ Demonstrate a love of learning, enthusiasm for teaching, the belief that each learner can and will succeed and the willingness to do whatever it takes to make that happen.
▪ Work with and communicate regularly with families about classroom activities, learner progress and curriculum.
▪ Demonstrate a belief in AOK’s mission that all learners will learn and successfully master the content and skills necessary for advanced post-secondary education.
▪ Other duties as defined by the School Director.
▪ Communicating with others to exchange information. (In Person/Telephone/Computer)
▪ Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
▪ Adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions.
▪ Vehicle operation for transportation purposes between worksites.
▪ Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
▪ May encounter outdoor elements (high (>90)/low (<60) temperatures, precipitation and/or wind.
▪ Ability to work in situations involving the need to make informed and quick decisions.
▪ Ability to supervise/manage workers and delegate as needed in project management situations.
▪ Reading detailed documentation and analyzing data sets.
▪ Writing professionally both by hand and utilizing computer software.
▪ Speak in public settings both in person and in virtual settings.
▪ Build relationships with organizations and professionals in the community and establish partnerships for student growth.
▪ Be entrepreneurial & willing to wear multiple hats to get the job done right.
▪ Dealing and navigating professionally through high-stress situations.
▪ (Required) Bachelor’s degree, including all courses needed to meet credential requirements.
▪ (Required) Hawaii State License.
▪ Experience with an education setting and/or real world experience in being non-traditional, flexible, open minded, and collaborative.
▪ Ability to problem solve and multi-task
▪ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
▪ Very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
▪ Thrive in a collaborative, team based and fast-paced environment.
▪ Be passionate and supportive of mission and vision as well as have a strong desire to make a difference for the future of all AOK Schools.
The Alaka’i O Kaua’i Public Charter School (AOK) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.
AOK promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org